All the dogs exept a few imports and some old dogs have long tails in Sweden, Norway and Finland.
(Right) Norw. & Swed. Ch Shyloch Talk Talk,sister of Int. Norw. Swed. Dan. and Fin Ch, Norw W-96 Nordic W-94 Shyloch Talk About ValeraBred, owned
and shown by Helge Kvivesen, in Oslo [email protected]
There are some breeders that remove the tip of the tail (1-2 vertebra) but not more as you otherwise runs the risk that you will be reported and that the
dog not will be allowed to participate at dog shows.
The main problem as I see it is not the length of the tail but the look of it as a long tail seems to be more prune to curl and to be carried gaily. This
is probably something that can be improved by careful breeding, but it will take time!
The judges are told to try not to consider the look of the tail or at least not to judge the tail above the point where it was supposed to be docked. This
is of course difficult as the tail contributes a lot to the overall appearance of the dog. Foreign judges have usually big problems with this but our
scandinavian judges are getting used. However, there are very few dogs with really ugly tail that have been placed in groups in Sweden.
Here it is Gaeltacht GreatBlu Rapids and Gaeltacht Greannmar at 5 weeks of age. These girls girls were bred by Hannele Virtanen in Finland.
GEIJES STORYTELLER (five months old). Sire: FIN, DK, EST CH,EUW-97, KBHW-97 Geijes Rising Riff. Dam: FIN & EST CH Arranshire Heather. Breeder Mia and AyaLundsten, Finland. He was Best In Show Puppy that day the photo is taken at 5th Oct.?97.
Kerry of the Year in Norway 1998 and Kerry of the Year in Sweden 1997, Nordic Ch Valera’s Tin Tin (Milton)
- He’s bred by Petter and Mona Steen, and owned by Petter Steen and Charlotta Mellin.
- Milton’s sire is S Ch Rollick’s Rainbow Warrior
- His dam is American bred Int Nordic Ch Multi Winner Curragh’s Katana.
- Milton was no.2 Terrier of the Year 1998, and won BIS at the norwegian Terrier Specialty.
- He has several champion offspring, among them the cover dog of the Kerry Web Page, Nordic Ch Shyloch Excalibur.
- There are 4 kerries among 1998’s top ten Terriers in Norway.
- Milton is one of 5 littermates, all champions, all with several Group and BIS-placements.